AMENDMENTS TO REGULATIONS IN TERMS OF THE CARBON TAX ACT 15 OF 2019
Notice Title: Carbon Tax Act, 15 of 2019 (“CTA”): Amendments to the Regulations
Government Notice: GN 595 in GG 44818 on 8 July 2021
Commencing date: Effective from 1 June 2019
The Minister of Finance under section 19(c) of the CTA for purposes of section 13 of the CTA published amendments to the Regulations published in GNR 1556 of 29 November 2019 (“the Regulations”).
The amendments relate amongst other to the following:
- The substitution, insertion and deletion of certain definitions.
- Allowance of offset in respect of an approved project against carbon tax liability.
- Offset creation and utilisation period.
- Limitation on allowance.
- Procedure for claiming allowance by taxpayer.
- Duties of administrator for purpose of claiming of allowance by taxpayer.
- Short title and commencement.
For a copy of the Government Notice click here.
How to ensure compliance at my operations?
The amendments to the Regulations are deemed to have come into operation on the 19th of June 2019.
For more information or assistance please contact Jan Nel at email@example.com