CORRECTIONS TO THE ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT ASSESSMENT REGULATIONS AND LISTING NOTICES, 2014
Title: Corrections to the Environmental Impact Assessment Regulations and Listing Notices, 2014
Government Gazette Notice: GN 706 in GG 41766 of 13 July 2018
Commencing date: 13 July 2018
The Minister of Environmental Affairs made certain corrections to the Environmental Impact Assessment Regulations, 2014 (as amended) (“EIA regulations”) and its Listing Notices. The corrections include:
• Regulation 14(6) has been amended by changing the words “a request in terms of subregulation (5)(c)” to “a request in terms of subregulation (5)(b)”
• Regulation 23(1) has been amended to include for regulation 21(2) to apply to the timeframes for submission of an environmental impact assessment report and environmental management programme.
• Regulation 33(2) has been amended by the deletion of the word “holder” in.
• The definition of “previous NEMA notices” in Regulation 49 have been amended.
• The definition of “previous NEMA notices” in Listing Notice 1 and 3 has been amended.
• Activity 48(cc) in Listing Notice 1 has been amended.
How to ensure compliance at my operation?
It is important that the corrections to the EIA Regulations and Listing Notices are considered during environmental authorisation application processes.
What is Shangoni’s approach?
Shangoni has a team of highly qualified and diverse individuals specialising in, amongst others, the facilitation of environmental authorisation processes. These individuals can assist you in identifying legal requirements, facilitating the application process to obtain authorisations and in conducting a change impact screening on how these legal amendments can affect your organisation’s current control mechanisms. For more information or assistance please contact Nico Brits at firstname.lastname@example.org