DRAFT REGULATIONS: FEES PAYABLE IN TERMS OF COIDA
Title: Draft regulations regarding fees payable to Presiding Officers, Medical Assessors, Employer and Employer Assessors, Interpreters and Members of the Compensation Board as determined by the Minister under the Compensation for Occupational Injuries and Diseases Act, 1993
Government Notice: GN 1060 in Government Gazette 39366 of 6 November 2015
Date of commencement: Not yet specified
Regulations in terms of section 97 of the COIDA were promulgated on 11 January 2008. On 2 November 2015 and again on 6 November 2015 (in GN 1061 in GG 39366), the Minister approved specific fees payable to Presiding Officers, Medical Assessors, Employer and Employer Assessors, Interpreters and Members of the Compensation Board. This notice now proposes amendments to the existing regulations published regarding these fees payable.
Amounts of remuneration specified will be amended to “An amount to be determined by the Minister from time to time and published by notice in the government gazette” related to the following:
- Remuneration and travelling and subsistence allowances of assessors (Section 8(6
- Remuneration and travelling and subsistence allowance of members of Compensation Board [Section 13(3)]
- Remuneration, travelling allowance, cancellation or postponement in respect of medical assessors (Section 8(4).
- Remuneration, Reasons for Finding cancellation or postponement in. respect of presiding officers
- Remuneration, travelling allowance -and canee1iaton or postponement in respect of interpreters
Interested persons are invited to submit any substantiated comments in writing on the proposed amendments to the Director-General: Labour, Private Bag X 117, Pretoria, 0001 (for the attention of Chief Legal Administration Officer, within 30 days from date of publication of this notice.