ELECTRICITY REGULATION ACT 4 OF 2006: LICENSING EXEMPTION AND REGISTRATION NOTICE FOR PUBLIC COMMENT
Notice Title: Electricity Regulation Act, 4 of 2006 (“ERA”): Licensing exemption and registration notice for public comment
Government Notices: GN 2459 in GG 46850 on 2 September 2022
Commencing date: Comments to be submitted by 3 October 2022
The Minister of Mineral Resources and Energy (‘the Minister”) intends to make the following changes to the ERA:
- Under section 36(3) of the ERA, amend Schedule 2 exempting certain generating and distribution activities from the obligation to be licenced;
- Under section 9(1) of the ERA determine that the following persons must still register with the Regulator:
- Person who operates a generation facility contemplated in item 3.1 of the Schedule
- Person who operates a distribution facility contemplated in item 3.2 of the Schedule; and
- Person who performs the activities of a reseller as contemplated in item 3.5 of the Schedule.
Members of the public are invited to submit written comments and inputs on or before 3 October 2022. For a copy of the Government Gazette Notice click here.
For more information or assistance please contact Gert van der Waal at email@example.com.