PUBLICATION OF THE GAS AMENDMENT BILL, 2023: FOR PUBLIC COMMENTS
Notice Title: Publication of the Gas Amendment Bill, 2023: For public comments
Government Notice: GN 4257 in GG 50009 on 19 January 2024
Commencing date: Comments to be submitted on or before 29 February 2024
The Minister of Mineral Resources and Energy published the proposed Gas Amendment Bill, 2023 for public comment.
The proposed Bill aims to amend the Gas Act, 2001, so as
- to amend and insert certain definitions;
- to provide for the promotion of the orderly development of the gas industry;
- to enhance the national regulatory framework; to promote broad-based black economic empowerment;
- to provide for socio-economic and environmentally sustainable development;
- to provide for new developments and changing technologies in the gas sector; to facilitate gas infrastructure development and investment;
- to provide for cooperation between the private and public sectors;
- to strengthen enforcement and improve compliance; and
- to provide for matters connected therewith.
All interested persons and organisations are invited to submit written comments and inputs on or before 29 February 2024. For a copy of the Government Gazette Notice click here.
For more information or assistance please contact Gert van der Waal at firstname.lastname@example.org