RULE 271 OF THE NATIONAL ASSEMBLY: TOBACCO PRODUCTS ELECTRONIC DELIVERY SYSTEM CONTROL BILL, 2018
Notice Title: Rule 271 of the National Assembly: Tobacco Products and Electronic Delivery System Control Bill, 2018
Government Notices: GN 2560 in GG 46994 on 29 September 2022
Commencing date: To be determined
The Minister of Health intends to introduce the Tobacco Products and Electronic Delivery Systems Control Bill, 2018 in the National Assembly shortly. The explanatory summary of the Bill is published in accordance with Rule 271 of the Rules of the National Assembly.
The Bill provides for:
- 100% smoke free for indoor public place and certain outdoor areas as the Minister may prescribe;
- The ban on sale of cigarettes through vending machines;
- Plain packaging with graphic health warnings or pictorials;
- Ban on display at point-of-sale;
- The regulation and control of Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems (“ENDS”) and Non-Nicotine Delivery Systems (“ENNDS”); and
- To provide for matters connected therewith.
For a copy of the Government Gazette Notice click here.
For more information or assistance please contact Gert van der Waal at firstname.lastname@example.org.