COMPENSATION FOR OCCUPATIONAL INJURIES AND DISEASE AMENDMENT BILL
Notice Title: Publication of the Compensation for Occupational Injuries and Disease Amendment Bill, 2018
Government Gazette Notice: GN 1133 in GG 41985 of 18 October 2018
Commencing date: Not yet specified
The Minister of Labour published the Compensation for Occupational Injuries and Disease Amendment Bill, 2018 for public comment on 18 October 2018.
The Bill will amend the Compensation for Occupational Injuries and Diseases Act 130 of 1993 (“COIDA”) by:
- changing the definition of “employee”;
- process and focus on rehabilitation, re-integration and return to work of occupationally injured and diseased employees;
- regulating the use of health care services;
- providing for the reopening of claims;
- including criminal and administrative penalties; and
- regulating compliance and enforcement.
Written comments on the proposed amendments may be furnished within 60 days of publication of the notice (i.e. by 17 December 2018).
This Bill, once passed as an Act, will affect various internal company policies and procedures. For more information please contact Corrie Potgieter at firstname.lastname@example.org.