COMPENSATION FOR OCCUPATIONAL INJURIES AND DISEASES AMENDMENT ACT, 10 OF 2022
Notice Title: Compensation for Occupational Injuries and Diseases Amendment Act, 10 of 2022
Government Notice: GN 3294 in GG 48431 on 17 April 2023
Commencing date: Still to be proclaimed
The President has assented to the Compensation for Occupational Injuries and Diseases Amendment Act, 10 of 2022 (“COIDAA”), which was published for general information.
The aim of the COIDAA is to amend the Compensation for Occupational Injuries and Diseases Act, 1993 (“COIDA”), so as: –
- To amend, substitute, insert, delete and repeal certain definitions and sections;
- To provide for matters pertaining to the Board and its members;
- To provide for the Commissioner to perform certain functions that were previously performed by the Director-General;
- To further provide for matters pertaining to the rehabilitation, re-integration and return to work of occupationally injured and diseased employees;
- To regulate the use of health care services;
- To provide for the Commissioner to review pension claims or awards;
- To provide for administrative penalties;
- To regulate compliance and enforcement; and
- To provide for matters connected therewith.
The COIDAA will take effect on a date fixed by the President by proclamation in the Gazette. For a copy of the Government Gazette Notice click here.
For more information or assistance please contact Gert van der Waal at email@example.com