COMPENSATION FOR OCCUPATIONAL INJURIES AND DISEASES ACT 130 OF 1993: THE NOTICE ISSUED BY THE COMPENSATION COMMISSIONER UNDER THE ACT
Notice Title: Compensation for Occupational Injuries and Diseases Act 130 of 1993 (“COIDA”): The Notice issued by the Compensation Commissioner under the Act
Government Notice: GN 1575 in GG 45614 on 9 December 2021
Commencing date: 9 December 2021
The Compensation Commissioner in terms of section 6A(b) of the COIDA, and acting in terms of section 4(1)(l) of the COIDA wish to communicate the following:
- To remind Employers to submit all outstanding Return of Earnings (RoEs);
- To encourage Employers to submit their Returns through the Department of Employment and Labour’s (DEL) ROE Online System platform (email@example.com) or by completing the CF-2A Form (W.As 8 Form for ROE up to 2018) for submission via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Should Employers fail to submit their ROEs, the Compensation Fund (CF) will perform an estimation for all the outstanding ROEs before 31 January 2022; and a Notice of Assessment will be issued to the Employer with a legal obligation to make payment thereof.
- The CF will impose a 10% penalty on the final assessment for those Employers who fail to submit the ROEs by the due date.
- Failure to make a payment will result in interest being charged on overdue accounts.
For a copy of the Government Gazette Notice click here.
How to ensure compliance at my operations?
Employers must take note of the communication and make sure that all outstanding RoEs are submitted.
For assistance or queries please contact Gert van der Waal at email@example.com.