FERTILIZER, FARM FEEDS, AGRICULTURAL REMEDIES AND STOCK REMEDIES ACT, 36 OF 1947: REGULATIONS RELATING TO AGRICULTURAL REMEDY
Notice Title: Fertilizer, Farm Feeds, Agricultural Remedies and Stock Remedies Act, 36 of 1947 (“FFFARSRA”): Regulations relating to Agricultural Remedy
Government Notice: GN 3812 in GG 49189 on 25 August 2023
Commencing date: 25 August 2023 with the exception of regulations
The acting Minister of Agriculture, Land Reform and Rural Development published Regulations relating to Agricultural Remedies, 2023 (“the Regulations”) for implementation.
The Regulations provide for the following:
- Application for registration
- Period of validity and renewal
- Labelling and containers
- Manufacturing establishments
- Disposal of containers
- Records and returns to be furnished
- Sampling and permissible deviations
- Appeal process
- General provisions
The following regulations are hereby repealed:
- Regulations relating to Agricultural Remedies, 2006, GNR 935 of 22 September 2006; and
- Regulations relating to registration of Fertilizers, Farm Feeds, Agricultural Remedies, Stock Remedies, Sterilising Plants and Pest Control Operators, GNR 1449 of 1 July 1983.
For a copy of the Government Gazette Notice click here.
How to ensure compliance at my operations?
Affected persons must ensure that their current practices relating to agricultural remedies are aligned with the new Regulations. The Regulations commence with immediate effect, with the exception of the following regulations:
- Regulations 34, 35, 37 and 38 shall come into effect 6 months after the promulgation of these Regulations, i.e. 26 February 2024
- Regulation 8(1)(d) and regulation 10(3)(e) shall come into effect on 01 June 2024.
- Regulation 3(h)(xiii), (xiv), and (xv) and regulation 39 shall come into effect 12 months after the promulgation of these Regulations i.e. 25 August 2024
- Regulation 3(h)(vi), (xi) and (xvi) shall come into effect 24 months after the promulgation of these Regulations i.e. 25 August 2025.
For more information or assistance please contact Gert van der Waal at firstname.lastname@example.org