GEOSCIENCE ACT 100 OF 1993: PUBLICATION OF THE GEOSCIENCE ACT REGULATIONS, 2022 FOR IMPLEMENTATION
Notice Title: Geoscience Act 100 of 1993 (“GA”): Publication of the Geoscience Act Regulations, 2022 for Implementation
Government Notice: GN 1940 in GG 46126 on 30 March 2022
Commencing date: 30 March 2022.
The Minister of Mineral Resources and Energy (“the Minister”), published the Geoscience Act Regulations, 2022 (“GAR”) for implementation.
The GAR provides for amongst other the following:
- Submission of geoscience data and information in terms of the GA;
- Prescribed specialised and other services rendered by the Council for Geoscience
- Geoscience data and information in possession of the Council for Geoscience;
- National Advisory Authority function in terms of geohazards;
- Council for Geoscience Board;
- Confidentiality on the affairs of the Council for Geoscience;
- Execution of mandate of the Council for Geoscience;
- Sanctions; and
For a copy of the Government Gazette Notice click here.
How to ensure compliance at my operations?
Owners or holders of geoscience data and information must take note of the specific submission requirements.
For assistance or queries please contact Jan Nel at email@example.com.