NATIONAL ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT ACT (107/1998): AMENDMENT OF THE SECTION 24H REGISTRATION AUTHORITY REGULATIONS, 2016
Notice Title: National Environmental Management Act 107 of 1998 (“NEMA”): Amendment of the section 24H Registration Authority Regulations, 2016
Government Notice: GN 2320 in GG 47133 on 29 July 2022
Commencing date: 29 July 2022
The Minister of Forestry, Fisheries and the Environment (“the Minister”) in terms of sections 24(5)(e), 24H and 44 of the NEMA, read with regulation 1(2) of the Environmental Impact Assessment Regulations, 2014 amended the Section 24H Registration Authority Regulations, 2016, as amended.
The amendments relate amongst other to the following:
- Substitution and deletion of certain definitions;
- The application of the Regulations;
- Requirements to register as an environmental assessment practitioner
- Categories of registration and minimum criteria for registration as environmental assessment practitioner or candidate environmental assessment practitioner
- Procedure for registration
- Procedure for renewal of registration
- Termination of registration; and
- Transitional provisions.
For a copy of the Government Gazette Notice click here.
For more information or assistance please contact Jan Nel at email@example.com.