NATIONAL ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT: BIODIVERSITY ACT 10 OF 2004: WITHDRAWAL OF GOVERNMENT NOTICES NO. 3009, 3010, 3011, 3012 AND 3013, PUBLISHED IN GOVERNMENT GAZETTE NO. 47984 OF 3 FEBRUARY 2023
Notice Title: National Environmental Management: Biodiversity Act 10 of 2004 (“NEMBA”): Withdrawal of Government Notices No. 3009, 3010, 3011, 3012 and 3013, published in Government Gazette No. 47984 of 3 February 2023
Government Notice: GN 3238 in GG 48349 on 31 March 2023
Commencing date: 31 March 2023
The Minister of Forestry, Fisheries, and the Environment (“the Minister”), withdrew the following Government Notices, published in Government Gazette No. 47984 of 03 February 2023:
- GNR 3009: Regulations pertaining to threatened or protected terrestrial species and freshwater species;
- GNR 3010: The National Norms and Standards for the Management of Elephants in South Africa;
- GNR 3011: Norms and Standards for the Trophy Hunting of Leopard in South Africa;
- GNR 3012: List of terrestrial species and freshwater species that are threatened or protected, restricted activities that are prohibited, and restricted activities that are exempted; and
- GNR 3013: Repeal of the notice amending the alien and invasive species list and list of critically endangered, endangered, vulnerable and protected species, and amendment and commencement of the notice prohibiting the carrying out of certain restricted activities involving rhinoceros horn, and the regulations pertaining to trade in rhinoceros horn.
For a copy of the Government Gazette Notice click here.
For more information or assistance please contact Jan Nel at firstname.lastname@example.org