SOUTH AFRICA’S BIODIVERSITY 2022: CONSULTATION ON THE DRAFT WHITE PAPER ON CONSERVATION AND SUSTAINABLE USE
Notice Title: South Africa’s Biodiversity 2022: Consultation on the Draft White Paper on Conservation and Sustainable Use
Government Notice: GN 2252 in GG 46687 on 8 July 2022
Commencing date: Comments to be submitted by 6 September 2022
The Minister of Forestry, Fisheries, and the Environment (“the Minister”) published the Draft White Paper on Conservation and Sustainable Use of South Africa’s Biodiversity, 2022 (“the White Paper Policy”) for public comment.
The White Paper Policy was developed to achieve the following:
- To provide and overarching policy context for biodiversity legislation, regulation and implementation
- Clarity on the approach to biodiversity conservation and sustainable use, based on the Constitution, Ubuntu, and giving prominence to gender equality
- A re-imagined and context-specific, localised approach, to addressing the aspirations and needs of our people;
- Effective transformation of the biodiversity sector; and
- Equitable socio-economic development based on our rich biodiversity, and the broad values and benefits from ecosystem services for the well-being of people and their livelihoods.
Members of the public are invited to submit written comments and inputs on or before 6 September 2022. For a copy of the Government Notice click here.
For assistance or queries please contact Jan Nel at firstname.lastname@example.org.