NATIONAL WATER ACT 36 OF 1998: NOTICE OF THE ESTABLISHMENT OF A CATCHMENT MANAGEMENT STRATEGY OF THE INKOMATI USUTHU CATCHMENT MANAGEMENT AGENCY
Notice Title: National Water Act 36 of 1998 (“NWA”): Notice of the establishment of a Catchment Management Strategy of the Inkomati Usuthu Catchment Management Agency (“IUCMA”)
Government Notice: GN 2201 in GG 46598 on 24 June 2022
Commencing date: Comments to be submitted by 25 July 2022
The Chief Executive Officer of the IUCMA, in terms of section 8(5) of the NWA, published the summary of the proposed catchment management strategy for the IUCMA for comments.
The proposed Catchment Management Strategy consists of the following chapters and list of annexures:
- Introduction and background
- Overview of the water management area
- Situation assessment
- Review of the catchment management strategy
- Visioning process
- Current strategic objectives
- Review of the strategic priority areas
- Strategic areas for the implementation of the catchment management strategy
- Annexure A: Water quality status trends within the water management area
- Annexure B: Stakeholder attendance statistics within the water management area
The proposed Catchment Management Strategy of the IUCMA can be viewed from the IUCMA website at www.iucma.co.za.
Interested and affected parties are invited to submit written comments and inputs on or before 25 July 2022. For a copy of the Government Notice click here.
For assistance or queries please contact Jan Nel at firstname.lastname@example.org.